ONE DAY mini BEANIE FESTIVAL
Sunday, 20 September – 10.00 am – 3.00 pm
Entry by Donation
Cafe open for coffee and snacks
– lots of fun in the Beanie Competition – Categories include:-
* Garden Beanies * Morning Tea Beanies * This is not a Beanie *
* Beanies with ears * Baby Beanies * Animal Beanies *
– community KNIT-in share ideas and donate wool for a massive beanie making session, take donations to the Arts Margaret River office at the Cultural Centre.
– all day beanie sales of locally made beanies will be fundraising for the Purple Bus mobile Renal Unit
The unit travels out from Alice Springs Purple House and travels around to remote Central Australian communities, bringing kidney dialysis machines to people in their home towns www.givenow.com.au/thepurplehousefund
If you have some creative “head warming” ideas you want to share, please get involved and contact Margot Edwards on 0420940123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Margaret River mini Beanie Festival will be held in conjunction with Arts Margaret River, who are hosting the Performing Lines touring production of Head Full of Love by Alana Valentine with the Queensland Theatre Company at Margaret River Cultural Centre the following Thursday 24th September.
Head Full of Love invites audiences to see positive reconciliation between an Indigenous and non- Indigenous person on stage, and operates with a deep awareness of the social context around the presentation of this kind of work. It mirrors genuine reconciliation work being done at the actual Beanie Festival in Alice Springs and makes no apology in advocating for social change.